After Napoleon's fall in 1815, his uncle, Cardinal Fesch, Archbishop of Lyon,
fled from France and sought refuge in Rome. He was replaced by Monseigneur Gaston de Pins who ruled the diocese.
A man with strong ties to the Tarn area, being born in Montségou-sur-l'Agout, a village near Brassac.
He owned a country house in the nearby village of Ouillats.
During this time
the order of the Sisters of Saint-Joseph, founded in Puy-en-Velay in
the 17th Century, expanded and sent out their Sisters into the
communities. Monseigneur de Pins invited the Sisters, 5 of whom arrived
at Ouillats on 14th August 1824.With the permission of the Archbishop
of Albi they founded the Order as it still exists today.